RANDOM STUFF
I discovered stuff in a folder - print-outs of a couple of Christmas letters 1992:
Lee and John (and Charity, 3, and Mary Elizabeth, 2, in Newton, IA and "Jon went deer hunting - getting a deer the first day with the first shot."
Adam:
"Adam.... busy in the building industry as a carpenter.......... Desha is busy with the 2 little Pick boys, Jared, age 3, and Zachery, age 2. Halloween this year found Jared dressed as a popsicle and Zachery as a baby bottle in costumes made by their talented mom." (Another Christmas letter mentions Adam is "head carpenter" and I brag a bit but - I guess that's what Christmas letters tend to do, a?)
Heather:
..working for WREX T.V. station in Rockford, IL. "She has had an interesting time getting her stories and even interviewed Hillary Clinton during the campaign .........." (for Bill Clinton) ....We didn't get that station so she would bring home some of the tapes for us.
Two years later the letter talks about her flying to CA to interview the actors from the t.v. show "Friends"
Aaron:
Aaron:
"Aaron, 17 and 6'2", is a senior and on the honor roll. He's also on the cross country team (this year's top runner) and the track team." I tell how he's trying to decide what to major in the following year at UWP....engineering or secondary education." Another letter says he , a junior in college, is All American in cross country... (with the "second top running time in UWP history").
Andrew:
Andrew:
"Andrew,13, is a 7th grader who is suddenly discovering that he has hair to comb and mirrors to use for that purpose! He claims he doesn't like school but woe to anyone who might cause him to not be early on school days! (He walks his little brother, Lucas, part way to school) Our teens are growing up but are still fun to have around."
Another Christmas letter is half missing, but here's
Andrew age 14:
We've noticed that one of his favorite pass times is taking things apart to see how they work. We've pretty well held it down to just BROKEN items. When he hears that something doesn't work - his eyes light up!
"Lucas, age 6, is a first grader and excited about learning to read. He also loves to climb the rope to the ceiling to "ring the bell" in the gym. Gulp!"
Another one:
Lucas is 9 and in the 4th grade enjoying every minute of it. He also volunteered to sing a solo in the church Christmas program once he learned he could hold the microphone. Anything mechanical lures him like a magnet. Forget the challenge that results. (Though I'm sure he sang very well - his motive was that mic!) :-)
I've figured out that when part of a letter was missing I didn't worry because I "had it on the computer".
Well, that's not good enough - since that computer died and I didn't have it backed up.
Still, one thing you can't take away from moms......memories!
I've figured out that when part of a letter was missing I didn't worry because I "had it on the computer".
Well, that's not good enough - since that computer died and I didn't have it backed up.
Still, one thing you can't take away from moms......memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment