Huh?
I just sent an email to our district's state senator and representative - both who voted against the governor's budget plan. I was shocked! (There's the UWP here and a lot of the prof's are very pro-liberal. (?). I told our 2 legislators we would like to know why they voted against the bill. Fortunately, their vote wasn't vital to it being passed but I'm really flabbergasted that they took that route. I suspect that they knew it wouldn't make a difference in the outcome.
It's never comfortable cutting expenses - even in one's personal life - but hard choices often turn out unexpectedly better than we think. I'm glad that we're dealing with them - finally.
I remember, years ago, reading about a state west of us (Nebraska?) that had the lowest education budget in the country but the highest test scores. I read that about 30 years ago. Impressive. It was proof that it isn't the money but the method - that provides a good education. And, when money is lacking - ingenuity takes over.
No comments:
Post a Comment