March 1 & 2
Sunny day today! Sure makes a difference in a person's mood. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and while we were talking about other things it came up that dementia and depression go hand in hand. I wondered why they always ask people about depression since I figured that is something that everyone experiences. When the doctor mentioned it I thought "groan.... I'd better work on that". :-) I've had to hurdle over some pretty tough things in the last few years but I think things are looking better. That's not because things have changed because they haven't but I'm learning to look ahead and move past things I can't seem to change.
Losing Heather is something I can't change. Not having a comfortable relationship with one of my kids is something I've learned to not dwell on. If I do - I cry like a baby - and that solves nothing. The kids have their own lives and we have ours. Not interfering in their lives but still having a bit part in it didn't seem like so much to expect but maybe it is. Everyone is different.
I liked having my parents in my life and some of our kids feel the same way about us... I think.
You can't make someone love you and it's stupid to think you can. Maybe in some cases one could but not with someone who has no inclination or time. You move on and stop dwelling on it.
I think this is the best time of our lives (Leon's & mine). Life reminds me of the first line of a famous book about the French revolution where it says: "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." (I think I'm remembering the right book.) Anyway, so it goes. Life doesn't have to remain bad. We just have to DECIDE that we won't let it..... and pray a lot.
Moving on....
We just looked at a house that's smaller, neat, and close to Smith park. It's sort of cozy - though there are things we'd want to change. Leon really likes it and there are positive things about it. It's 2 bedrooms but there's another room that Leon and I would use should we decide to buy. The basement has possibilities too.The thought of moving makes me exhausted.....like getting rid of stuff and putting this place in order for selling.
The basement at this smaller house has a shower but not bathroom. It's unfinished but painted, neat and clean. The down side to the house is that there is only one bathroom. Maybe it wouldn't take too much to change that. I liked it better than I did by just looking at the pictures. One car garage...hmmm
Anyway.... we're thinking.
We got a nice long letter from Joe (email) today. It was good - so good - to read. He said Jack has been wearing the socks every day that I sent him. Don't know why but that made me float with joy. Joe added that it was something that was "cute but a little gross too". haha - I know what he means. It's hard to wash them when they are ON him. :-) Dear little guy.
1 comment:
LOVE it that Jack is wearing those socks...haha. So fun that he wants to keep wearing them. Good post, btw. Love you. :)
Post a Comment