Oh Well.....
The riots in Madison are really upsetting. Seeing Michael Moore's video on it makes me want to vomit. That's what happens when I watch that stuff. I really don't understand how the teachers get so riled over paying what the rest of Americans have to pay on their pensions, etc. Earlier, I mentioned reading about the state that had the lowest education budget in the nation but the highest test scores.
When I hear shouting from that wild bunch in Madison that the governor is "hurting our children" it makes me to throw up my hands. Teachers are hardly standing in bread lines here....or will be now that the bill is passed.
The children are a separate issue. That involves teaching skills (and as that educationally successful state of years ago demonstrated) creative imagination.
A creative imagination class might be good to have in school at least for one day. Example: Children, you are to accomplish this (or that) but only with these few tools. Go to it! Some people learn that from life - others never do and choose to steal instead. Too bad. There's a good feeling as a result of using your imagination to accomplish something that you don't get by having it handed to you on a silver tray.
No comments:
Post a Comment