Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I never would have thought this years ago but I have a lot in common with Roman Catholics.
I have trouble with the worshiping Mary and praying to the saints part (since after reading the Bible through over 20 times I have to say it isn't in there) but there are a lot more things where we are right in line.
When I grew up I saw Catholics as those that lived like hell during the week and then went to confession with the idea of wiping the slate clean - fully intending to live it up as before in the coming week. I had a lot to learn.
Like this -
Anyone can find the same people in a Baptist church. You won't find a confession booth in a Baptist church but there are those who know the truth and speak the language without knowing - really knowing - what it means... or should mean in their lives. That's because they haven't come to the place where they saw their sin like the open, gilded, gate to hell that it is. Seeing ourselves as better than the next person is a real trip-up.

Going to church every Sunday doesn't make us a Christian.Bold
Knowing the ten commandments, catechism, being baptized - or doing ANYthing doesn't make us a Christian.
Doing is important - but doing is the evidence - not the vehicle.

There are all kinds in both churches. I am surprised to see that so many commentators on Fox with whom I agree are Catholics. I admire them because they aren't afraid to say they are Christians.
Then there are other people who also say that - but - I wonder. I almost hope it never becomes politically correct. Well - it won't. Popularity has nothing to do with it...

No comments: