Minnesota Visit
One of the things about our Minnesota visit at Thanksgiving time that was interesting - was driving through some of the neighborhoods around Minneapolis. We even drove by the gated community where Bret Favre and his family live! I was impressed since I hadn't expected that. I liked just seeing the area and places Andrew and Ronda go.
Leon and I went there for our honeymoon but I don't remember anything in particular... except for the Curtis Hotel. I don't know if it still exists or if it might have been torn down by now. It was nice building - but old - even then.
(I just looked it up and it looks like they might have built a new building - or buildings)
One thing I do remember was the guy (bellhop?) carrying our suitcases upstairs and waiting politely for a tip... which Leon didn't catch on to - and just smiled and thanked him. We were pretty young with very little money and not a clue how much one gave for a tip - or in this case - that a tip was expected! I quietly said to Leon - after he left - that I think the guy was waiting for a tip. Leon made sure he carried the suitcases himself after that. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment