Thursday, December 03, 2009

Unbelievable Happens
When I was a teenager in high school I had a teenage friend who was dating a classmate. They were planning on getting married when they graduated - but there was a problem of their differing "faiths". She was trying to get him to change to hers and visa versa. Finally, she told him that she was going to try to convince him to change his faith to hers - but if he didn't- she would change to his.

Now teens are not particularly known for their profound wisdom in all things but even I knew that was a death blow to her intended goal of convincing him to change his mind.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would hear a president make the same kind of decision in a more breathtakingly dangerous scenario. To send less troops than recommended by the experts - then put a time limit on it - and announce the time limit to the world - is unbelievable! It's like saying we don't need to win so we'll just make a show at it. How about just get out! - and not sacrifice our young men on some political altar! Winning is essential but if that goal is ignored our troops are dying for some more vile reason back home.

No comments: