Thursday, August 27, 2009

I was listening to Chondra Pierce on Youtube. She is so funny!

The one I listened to today surprised me. She was telling about going through clinical depression. Even in something like that she can make it funny. She has quite a gift.

As I listened to her - laughing - she told about being where she was at that time - and then said
"I was convinced that the world would be better off - and my children would be better off - without me". Suddenly my laughter changed to tears because I knew what that felt like! It was such a downer to be there ... but more of us travel through that barren land than would like to admit.

Everyone who emerges out of that desert of despair has their own story. I recommend listening to Chondra's. Mine was that I just came to the end of the line and there was no where else to go. I had to make a decision and with God's help I made it ... and I keep making it. That's just life. It was God, I believe, who finally said "Enough". (I prayed (begged) a LOT.) It's not always about finally realizing that your fear isn't true. Sometimes you just need get to the place you can say O.K. Well........ what's next? - and go on. One thing I learned is - it's foolish to think that once you've overcome - your inoculated. Not good to get cocky.

Maybe one has to go through the bad, blinding stuff to really see.
Well, that's my 2¢
*****************************************************
ANYWAY.... our tree is down. Ta Da! Here are the pictures:
This one shows him grinding up the stump. Too bad it's blurry.
It's going to be sunny here now and going to take some getting used to.

He was awesomely high in that thing that he used to take him to the top.
The one below shows that he was piling the brush in the neighbor's driveway. When he was done he picked it up with his machine thingy ALL AT ONE TIME. It was awesome to watch.

No comments: