More Platteville Drama
It does seem odd that bad things do tend to happen in threes. I mentioned the first thing earlier which was about all the firemen blocking off our street due to a busted gas line. I guess it wasn't so bad. It was a bad that could have been worseThe second thing actually happened first.
The place where Leon works was robbed after hours-- twice - and then the person decided to do it again only this time he was seen .... and caught. He pulled his truck into the lumber yard to load up when a patrol car showed up. As it turned out it was a neighbor of ours - down the street a bit. I believe they were living on welfare and he had time on his hands so he decided to use it by helping himself and selling the stuff to someone else.
The third thing that happened was when someone showed up (I believe ... a mother) at the Movie Gallery with a gun - threatening someone who works there saying that he had raped a member of her family. It was pretty scary for the people there though there weren't many. She fired 3 times. Twice outside when they went outside to talk and again inside when he went back in.
Assuming the lady knew the facts and wasn't mistaken...I feel compassion for her and sorry that she had the weapon. If the guy is guilty - I hope he gets what he deserves.
I wouldn't vote to ban guns. We have laws about the misuse of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment