Friday, December 05, 2008

December 5
When Adam was a toddler he was playing with a pliers, one time, and somehow his little fingers got in the pinching part of it while his other hand was on the grip part. It started to hurt and he squeezed it thinking he could get it to stop. I can still see that little fellow crying angry tears as he squeezed harder trying to get his finger out of the grip of that pliers! He was one mad little guy! Other kids his age would probably have just chewed on it...or maybe bang it on the coffee table. (Well, he did that too! :-) He wanted to check it out! In the process he learned a valuable lesson.
Lessons are good.
Today I'll ask myself:
What can I learn today?
and keep alert for the answer.
And then, try to improve 1 thing in my surroundings.
Life is full of choices. Today mine is - I will not vegetate!

No comments: