Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tonight Was Heather's Heroe's Night
The Heather's Heroes benefit was tonight and I think it turned out really well. In spite of constant snowing and slippery roads there was a very good turn out! I don't think it stopped ANYbody!

There was an excellent buffet dinner and then an auction downstairs for things that were donated by area businesses....the biggest being a large plasma t.v. screen. The pictures that they took tonight will be on the internet site:

heather'sheroes.com

That will probably be sometime tomorrow - I hope.

For some reason I had a hard time today...thinking about Heather. I really resist that she is gone.
I know that I'm making it hard on myself but I just don't want to let her go!
I guess there are bound to be relapses. Today is the day 1 year ago that the kids were all home for Christmas. Dec. 16th. I am SO thankful for the ones that are going to be here this year. Wish it could be all the rest of them but no use in that. I'm taking what I can get and be thankful!
I'm thankful for blessings even though today was a "butbutbutbut" & "why?" groaning day.

Things will get better. I was talking to a mom who lost a 3 year old boy to an accident several years ago. She told me about it without tears - just telling how it hit her then. I was the one with the tears when she told her story. The fact that she could tell it without tears makes me comforted that it will happen to me too. That is - once I get beyond the resisting part...the part that doesn't want to believe it even happened. As if denial will do any good!

3 comments:

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jp said...

Removed posts were practice posts for pictures from Picasa.