Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hope of Recovery From Loss
I don't want to talk about losing Heathie....(hurts too much)...but I do want to talk about the healing process that I hope is going on.

A friend came over yesterday. We have much in common. We both had 5-6 kids plus one adopted (both girls) and both have lost a daughter - though hers was from a car accident and my daughter from breast cancer. The thing about the visit that helped was we mostly talked about other things.
That's somehow important when someone is going through a hell like that...whatever the cause. You need to move on - get back into living....bit by bit.

I just sent a note to my sister about how it's been like being in a frighteningly, rough sea surrounded by tall waves - and then one of the waves drop a bit and you can see land way off in the distance. You're still in the rough sea, the waves continue to tower, but you're given hope that there IS land out there even though at times it doesn't seem like it. That glimpse helps....

No comments: