Friday, October 10, 2008

I counted my unpublished posts. There are 6. I wonder if anyone else does that. No doubt they do. Sometimes when I say what I think- it goes across wrong and some thing I didn't say is assumed even if it is no where near what I said or even meant. Confused? :-) I'll try to keep those types - unposted.

Another subject:

I have a dear friend (around my age) who I just found out was connected with the occult when she was a teenager. She recently told me about her experiences and it was truly gruesome. I won't put down here what those experiences were since it would be too upsetting to read. As she was telling me she stopped a couple of times to ask if I was O.K. before she went on. It was hard for her to tell it and if I told you what it was you would understand why.

She said "God got a hold of her" when her parents sent her to a bible college to try to help her get out of that influence. I'm not sure they knew everything that she went through but they knew enough about the occult that it was vital they do something. She is a devout praying Christ follower now, with a tender heart for the hurting which is remarkable, esp. now, since she has physical issues of her own. She almost never calls without praying before she hangs up. . She says she has prayed for our daughter so much she feels like she is family. She's a dear lady....a real testimony of what God can (and does) do. Her life was not rosy even after the Lord got hold of her but she is such a shining light for Him today.

No comments: