Grapes & Apples
I mentioned when I posted about doing 67 qts. of grapes that I needed to tell someone else to use the rest so they wouldn't go to waste. I told someone...she got a bunch and did 85 more qts.! And there are still some left!! If I had more jars I'd do more but alas...they're gone. Next year I'll make sure I'll get more.
I just finished freezing some apples. I tried an apple peeler but it worked better by hand. (The peeler will go to the Thrift Shop.) I ended up timing myself and it took a minute or less to peel, core, and slice an apple. That's one way to make a hum drum job more interesting (and to pick up speed.....Give yourself a challenge!)
I remember that my cousin used to do raisins. That was interesting to hear about that. I think she picked them at a grape place and just laid them out in the sun to dry. Too bad concords wouldn't work that way... They have seeds.
I just finished freezing some apples. I tried an apple peeler but it worked better by hand. (The peeler will go to the Thrift Shop.) I ended up timing myself and it took a minute or less to peel, core, and slice an apple. That's one way to make a hum drum job more interesting (and to pick up speed.....Give yourself a challenge!)
I remember that my cousin used to do raisins. That was interesting to hear about that. I think she picked them at a grape place and just laid them out in the sun to dry. Too bad concords wouldn't work that way... They have seeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment