Moving On and Looking Back
The good news is that Lucas is safely down in Texas.
The bad news is that the car's clutch went out in IA at midnight, Saturday, on the way down.
The good news was that it was 15 miles from his sister's and her family.
The bad news was that it was a weekend and could not be fixed without lots of money and probably not until Monday.
The good news was Lucas has a nice brother-in-law who was able to store the car and and trailer and gave them a ride to Des Moines, IA where they were able to continue the trip with a rental car.
The good news was that it was 15 miles from his sister's and her family.
The bad news was that it was a weekend and could not be fixed without lots of money and probably not until Monday.
The good news was Lucas has a nice brother-in-law who was able to store the car and and trailer and gave them a ride to Des Moines, IA where they were able to continue the trip with a rental car.
Lucas prayed with us before he left. I liked that. (It was needed! This was a hard good bye.) He thanked God for his dad and his godly example, etc. and then he said
"and for Mom"......pause....... I waited..............."the way that she made my bed every day".......Huh? He told me not to. :-) "for her telling me when I am wrong". I don't remember that - I hope that's a good thing. But, there, I almost looked up and said "What!? Are you sure you're not getting me mixed up with Dad ?"
When I told Leon my reaction he laughed. He knew, too, that he was giving Lucas LOTS of advice and corrections, etc. those last few days. It's compulsive - he takes being a dad very seriously....and in the process - forgets that his son is a capable 22 year old and not 12!
Our kids seemed to turn out well in spite of us. And in Leon's case...the up front faith - in the end - is what they will remember and appreciate. Lucas hasn't had to wait that long. He knows what is important. Some of the others do... but if any don't yet...hopefully they will.... they have that bed making parent who prays for them often.
1 comment:
HI jean,
thanks for sharing this story. It gave us a good chuckle!
LOL,
Ronda
Post a Comment