Changes
Well, I did it. I let it be known that I am planning on my NOT being Treasurer of the church anymore - as of the end of this year. I thought it would be harder to do but - actually I'm relieved. I am glad for the experience because I enjoyed it. I like challenges and that filled the bill there.Lucas is almost ready for the big move to TX. I find I get a little weepy. I remember when I was a teen that I thought maybe something was wrong with me because I NEVER cried. I used to think of all kinds of scenarios to see if anything could bring on the tears but nothing did. Well, I've made up for that. I can get a wet face at the drop of a hat. So nobody drop any hats! :-)
No. It just seems to be .... when the house isn't as full as it used to be and I have time to rattle around in it by myself reflecting on the past years ......... Ho hum.
I was out for lunch - several years ago - with some friends and one (a missionary in England) mentioned her concern for her little widowed mother still here in Platteville and that her brother, and only sibling, who lived in Dubuque hadn't seen his mother for 4 years! My jaw dropped and I looked at another friend who also had kids near the age of mine and said Is THAT what we have to look forward to!!? That missionary and her husband eventually brought her mother with them to England.
Well...things like that are just one of life's boot camp experiences. I think if parents at least know that their kids love them - they can be content and even find things to enjoy about their empty nest. The initial leaving the nest is a bit of a jolt - but survivable - under those conditions. And even if they don't have that knowledge - there is still something to look forward to - - Assuming they are believers. God is so very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment