Just Thinking
I just read something that Chuck Colsen said:
Despair is a sin because it denies the sovereignty of God.
That concept comes at a time for me when practicing it is a challenge of gargantuan proportions.
Imagine being thrown in the ocean and being told that if you swim in one direction (out of 360 choices) you will come to land. One degree off and you will not. What would you do? You can't see anything that will help you - no land in sight - but swim you must. That's life sometimes, a? The thing is that I know enough to ask God's help but- sometimes swimming is the tough part - caused by paralyzing fear. That's how I think of despair. Like panicking in an ocean.
I must be such a disappointment to the Almighty.
I end up treading water - going nowhere. .... splashing around - sputtering. Maybe that's why He said "Ask - believing." (Not just "ask".) The swim part.
Then - trust Him about the land.
I may be sounding abstract -I don't mean to. I'm just thinking about that quagmire - despair.
No comments:
Post a Comment