Agendas
What was your thought when you first heard about global warming? Mine was - Huh?
- remembering being taught in school about the ice age and how a glacier covered much of the northern part of our continent eons ago. I thought... Now they are getting excited?
They say we are causing it with our industrial emissions, cars, jets and aerosol cans.
Do they have an explanation as to why it warmed up enough to melt the glaciers that they say used to be here? Did they find some primitive aerosol cans or maybe ancient factories below multi-layers of earth?
My second thought when it first came out was - Come ON!... but to my surprise the idea took off! Now they are trying to say the Debate is over!...with the insinuation (here we go again) that all scientists and truly educated people agree!
Not true.
The administrator of NASA testified before a house committee and said:
I have no doubt that … a trend of global warming exists. I am not sure that it is fair to say that it is a problem we must wrestle with. To assume that it is a problem is to assume that the state of Earth's climate today is the optimal climate, the best climate that we could have or ever have had and that we need to take steps to make sure that it doesn't change. First of all, I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown. And second of all, I guess I would ask which human beings — where and when — are to be accorded the privilege of deciding that this particular climate that we have right here today, right now is the best climate for all other human beings. I think that's a rather arrogant position for people to take.
The author of the article I pulled this quote from actually prefaced it by introducing it as an incriminating statement by Michael Griffin! (NASA Administrator) :-)
John Stossel has some interesting comments and interviews with scientists on video at junkscience.com. There is also another informative one there.
I'm thinking Why are they doing this? Why is it even political? Strange. Sure makes me curious.
No comments:
Post a Comment