Mind Control
The last time we went shopping we bought a pack of string cheese. We like the stuff. When we got home Leon opened it up - took a bite - then gave me one. It was a surprise to both of us that what we got was smoke flavored string cheese. We didn't even know there was such a thing! Leon laughed at our stupidity and I nearly gagged trying to get that stuff down. I was ready to throw the whole pack out!
Today I saw it in the fridge and thought -hating to waste it - that I would try a different approach. I took one out, looked at it and told myself - This is smoked string cheese....and I really LIKE it. This time I had a different reaction. In fact, after I took a drink I was going to take another bite and realized that I had already finished it off... so I had another one!
It just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it.
Still.... I think we'll look closer at labels when we go grocery shopping.
The last time we went shopping we bought a pack of string cheese. We like the stuff. When we got home Leon opened it up - took a bite - then gave me one. It was a surprise to both of us that what we got was smoke flavored string cheese. We didn't even know there was such a thing! Leon laughed at our stupidity and I nearly gagged trying to get that stuff down. I was ready to throw the whole pack out!
Today I saw it in the fridge and thought -hating to waste it - that I would try a different approach. I took one out, looked at it and told myself - This is smoked string cheese....and I really LIKE it. This time I had a different reaction. In fact, after I took a drink I was going to take another bite and realized that I had already finished it off... so I had another one!
It just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it.
Still.... I think we'll look closer at labels when we go grocery shopping.
2 comments:
That's funny about your getting smoked string cheese too. We did the exact thing and bought it by accident once. The girls (who mainly eat it) did NOT care for it. But somehow the package disappeared without me eating any of it. They must have decided on Mind Control too. :) You can bet I check that label now too. It's too expensive to make the same mistake twice. Ha. Though if I do,it will probably mysteriously disappear again. When you want a snack and there aren't always a lot of choices, it seems we find ourselves starting to like new and different things like spaghetti noodles, croutons, crackers, etc...ha. Isn't that funny?
That isn't the only time we did that.
Last time I bought a box of processed cheese I found out when I opened it that it was Mexican. I wondered what all those little colored things were doing in there! Thank goodness it was mild!
(My hair is curly enough!)
Post a Comment