Thursday, November 29, 2007

This Morning
We just got a call which said "unknown caller" on the ID so I didn't answer. This is the first time in a while that someone left a message....no message indicates a telemarketer. As I listened I was too stunned to talk so it was just as well that I just listened. It was Leon's eye doctor saying that the tests he had did indicate that he has glaucoma and needs to make another appointment for a test for pressure and will be getting drops to use for that.

I'm thankful that we caught it early - though I understand there still is no cure.
His clue for us that he should get tested was that one of his eyes (left) would get "fuzzy" when he was out in the sun. It seemed to send up a flag that caught our attention. I sure am glad we didn't procrastinate longer! Usually I have to insist but this time he agreed. We should have been testing yearly. Sometimes "saving a buck" just isn't worth it.....and we like to say we don't gamble! I guess that isn't really accurate! When we don't get checkups - we're gambling that we're O.K.

No comments: