I Love it when God reminds me He's still there.
Yesterday I was working on a bookkeeping error. (I'm the church treasurer) It made me sick. It had to do with tax stuff. How could that happen? Last year I called the experts and got step by step instructions! I was so careful and meticulous – how could this happen?? Did the person I got the instructions from misunderstand what I asked her? – Did I misunderstand what she said?
At lunch time I was telling Leon and feeling absolutely miserable. He was trying to tell me to “calm down or you're going to end up with a heart attack”. Well that was something that I already was aware of...since I felt like it was on it's way – but I wanted to solve this first! I wasn't ranting - just pacing, a little teary eyed with an occasional groan in the mix while thinking – this feels like a form of hell.
As he got up to go back to work he quoted : “Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication let your request be made known unto to God.”
Now I can be a pretty stubborn sufferer but I latched onto that one with a silent prayerful “Help!”
and went back to work.
A few minutes into it I realized that I was calm. ......? I thought to myself “What? Did I solve it already?...No?...hmmm” Within 2 minutes I looked down and found that I had not made a mistake after all!! I was wild with excitement!
Leon came home briefly a few minutes later and I met him at the door with -
It wasn't a mistake! I'm not stupid, I'm not stupid!
Well, considering what I put myself through that isn't a real convincing statement – but I was as high in the afternoon as I was low in the a.m....and thanking God for reminding me that He is always there - the whole time.
No comments:
Post a Comment