Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tonight's Thoughts


Last night Lucas told me that the Arabs where he is are always trying to get his opinion on the war and President Bush. He doesn't want to talk about it due to it deviating from his purpose being there. He says that they all believe that our purpose is oil.

I've read we haven't been using Iraq's oil for years and we know, even now, the oil fields are under their control, not ours.

It's true, we could leave Iraq now and let them duke it out among themselves. I believe, as others do though, that democracy in the middle east would make it better for all concerned and they need help putting their country back together - better than it was before.

But, I remember reading recently - that about 4 centuries ago someone said that democracy can only last about 200 years. Then he said something like - once we find out we can get something for nothing and that we can tack in things for our own personal benefit - things soon go awry. I think a lot of us can see that our democracy is sliding downhill. What makes it thunderously clear is how Christianity is being attacked. We are only blessed if God is the one blessing. I can't picture Him blessing that. Biblical history shows it's quite the opposite.

There is no kind of government that is or could be a utopia here on earth. If we had government based on Christianity – well, we really did didn't we?- and that has deteriorated too. Ancient Israel is also a good example. The problem isn't God - it's mankind.

It's been over 200 years and I can almost hear the crumbling.
I'm glad this isn't all there is.

There is

I sure am gla


No comments: