I made this stained glass window a few years ago.
It was kind of fun. It's in the lower sash of the downstairs bathroom window. Notice the date in the picture? My camera shows the day first and then the month. Today's date. Somebody really special was born today!
I also did the picture with the bible verse on it (below) by printing it out in script (a font on Open Office) and then lightly gluing the dried flowers around it. It looks better in a frame. It's an idea I got from someone else that I mentioned in an earlier blog.
I've always thought it would be so neat to needlepoint some bible verse that I like but this is so much easier! Trouble with this one is that I couldn't find a frame for it since I made it the wrong size. No problem -I have plenty of Appanoose dried flowers, from Iowa, to do more.
The verse (Psalm 19.14) is one I had up on the wall next to my desk when I worked in the college library to remind me to watch myself. Work environments can get a little chatty in a gossipy sort of way and I wanted to avoid that. I used that verse to help. A reminder.
2 comments:
Hey I like your dried flower picture. It turned out so pretty. If you could find a custom framer, they could do it for you. We have a place called Beckman Gallery that does framing for all sorts of picture sizes.
I remember that verse that was by your desk at the library. It had a fall picture with it. I remember seeing it when you let us come into work one day with you when we didn't have school that day. I think it was on a college break too ? maybe?, so things were pretty quiet in the library at that time anyway...course the library is always supposed to be quiet anyway...ha. Course having us there probably made things a little less quiet.
Also love that stained glass. It's so pretty :). I love seeing your creations.
Post a Comment