Live & Learn - - Maybe?
I must admit I'm not a big fan of psychology. Well, in some respects, I am. But for the most part it's just common sense. If you know why you do things - it makes it easier to overcome. That's not to blame someone else for your problems! What help is that?! If we just come to the conclusion that we are reacting to someone else and stop there - that's self defeating. The problem is ours - we need to recognize it as that - and clean house!
There are a lot of people that have attitudes toward things that leave me baffled so I find myself wondering what happened to make them like that?
I know someone who tends to look a bit askance at authority. Also, has a dislike for Jews! That was a surprise because this person, to my knowledge, until going away to college had no opinion of Jews one way or another. Well, things happen. More of the source of that antagonism was revealed and thus - more understanding. That's not to say that makes it O.K.! We just have trouble letting go of some things.
Sounds simple but I'm not so dumb as to think it really is. We can see other people's problems so much easier than we can see our own. I think focusing on other's foibles makes it easier to deal with our own stuff. That doesn't solve anything - but it gets our minds off of our issues. We don't like to look there, do we?
For instance, we can leave a room if there is someone in it that causes us grief...but if we have the ultimate problem (like we don't know how to deal with it) - it follows us out of the room!
All that babbling to say what? How about this?.....
Lord, Change Me! (I read a book by that title quite a while ago. Good thoughts, there.)
Man! I wish I had done that more often!! Maybe I did it - but it was more like Do it right away!! Quick, quick!! I'm drowning here!!
Why couldn't I have just put it in His hands and calmed down!
Nope. I have to do it the hard way. Oh well...Why be calm inside when you can work on having a well deserved heart attack, a?
Shudder
Anyway, I hope I learned something!
No comments:
Post a Comment