Monday, June 11, 2007

Did You Know?
I Need Thee Every Hour and was written by a woman after she delivered her
7th stillborn child! Now there is faith!

It Is Well With My Soul
was written by a man after learning that his children were
drowned in the ocean when their ship went down.

The words to 8000 gospel songs were written by a blind woman.

Lots of songs of praise and faith were written by people that went through really tough stuff.
Still I read on blogs - so much reticule of the jerks that talk about Christian joy. Somebody should have told those misguided song writers that there is no joy in spite of pain.......or is there?

I'm not talking happiness - I said "joy"! One is from without but this is from within! The first one has a shorter life span....so I wouldn't shun the second one ...it's a better deal, anyway.

The One that gives it - is stronger than we are -and has the power that we don't have alone. Beats "kicking against the pricks"! Take it from a practiced kicker. It's no fun.
No thanks!
I'll take the joy, thank you.

Even when it's hard to smile...and impossible to laugh - that joy can keep you going.

No comments: