Friday, May 04, 2007

Shakespeare

I read a blog a while ago that ended a post by quoting Shakespeare...where Lady Macbeth is tortured by guilt and is washing her hands - saying "Out, damned spot! out I say!" I believe that blogger was alluding to sin in general .
Shakespeare has lots of quotable quotes - many having to do with pain and disappointments.
Not too uplifting.
One that I remember from high school is

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow ,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day ,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterday's have lighted fools
The way to dusty death"

What a testimony, a?
O course Macbeth is reacting to the news that his wife is dead. Things can look bleak at a time like that. It makes me think, though. - What misguided good intentions will cause someone else to head in the wrong direction while feeling secure? I guess I'm reacting to the "Wasted Faith" book I just read. Maybe I'll talk more of that next time. Right now I'm making stuff to freeze. Today is a make-my-own-fast-food day.

No comments: