My Brother Mark
Just found out that my brother Mark has prostrate cancer. I looked back at the pictures of all of us (Lee siblings)- earlier in this blog from about a year ago. I remember him when he was a teen and 'movie star' handsome. I was pretty small when I used to look up at him looking in the mirror and saying to himself "Oh you handsome fellow!" He was kidding of course......well maybe!..Ya he was - still - he had a point!! :-)
For one of my earlier birthdays he bought me a tricycle. He brought me down to the store to pick one out and I did - but when the time came he had bought a better one! I was thrilled. Another birthday (Christmas maybe?) he bought me a little kitchen set. (fridge, stove, etc) That was fun, too. I thought that was so nice of him to think of me. Presents weren't abundant in our household so we didn't get tainted to the point of expecting them. Mark worked in a men's clothing store when he was in high school and made sure his little sister had a couple of memorable times.
I'm praying that he beats the cancer!
3 comments:
Hi, Aunt Jeanie, it's your niece Hillary. I found your blog a while ago through Aaron's blog, which I started reading after Sebastian's accident. I check in on you all once in a while and am sorry I haven't left you a comment before now.
Of course, your post today brought tears, but I loved your stories (and Dad still it's ashamed to let us know how handsome he is and he STILL claims to be a fashion expert from working at that men's clothing store back in 1951!:-))
The girls and I had lunch with him and Mom today, and they both are doing pretty well. He had good news yesterday (Tuesday) from his CT scan. The radiologist said it looked good, as in it appears the cancer hasn't spread. A huge relief. We love him so much, so please, keep the prayers coming!
Hillary
Hi Hillary!
It's good to hear from you! I'm SO glad about that radiologist report!!
There are at least 2 men in our church who have battled that same cancer. One seems to be over it and another is still going through chemo - but he's in church every Sunday.
You can be sure I will pray for him.
I love him too. :-)
Correction: 4 men we know of in church have or have had that cancer...1 (more recent) is still being treated.
Post a Comment