I just read an article on worthynews.com - (also on foxnews.com and the Toronto Daily News, etc.) about an underground ocean that they just discovered under China. Amazing! We think we know a lot and then we find out stuff like that and realize there is so much we really don't know at all. So much yet to discover! This earth is an interesting place.
We just got back from Columbus yesterday after 4 extra hours due to a slight delay at the Columbus airport. There were other planes taking off and no one knew why they had us wait an extra 1/2 hour but it was just enough to make us miss our flight in Chicago. So - we took a bus to Madison and were picked up there. It turned out O.K..
Adam said the same thing happened to them in Columbus (when they were going to or from FL(?) Made me wonder if airlines do that on purpose occasionally to allow other last minute fliers on and get paid twice for the same seat. :-) Well we got vouchers for the bus ticket so probably not. Besides it was the control tower that held us up. I'm just having an idle 'do you suppose' thought. I like to read mysteries too.:-) That's a joke...Ho hum
It was nice being with Julia and Jack. They are a couple of neat kids.
Bath time was interesting.
First Jack (age 2): Did not like it one bit! That little fellow (normally sweet tempered) howled and resisted the whole time. That made me speed it up - making it the shortest bath on record! :-) (maybe not). Yet I got him clean and even washed his hair. The instant he was out of that tub with the towel wrapped around him he was content.
Then Julia (kindergarten): Complete opposite reaction! I was braced for more of the same but there was NO complaining at all...not even a sound when I washed her hair and poured water over her head! She just said "That's O.K. - I just close my eyes." I poured on the compliments and I know she could tell that I was truly amazed.
It's fun watching those two play together. For the most part they seem to be chums. A waitress at a place where we ate commented on how Julia seemed to take care of her little brother. Yep - they were fun. I'm truly proud we are related.
1 comment:
Great pictures Mom. I still own, but have not yet shared several pictures of those two sweet children, minus the loving Grandpa on those same steps from last January, was it? Ho, Hum. Someday we'll get them sent to you and Feath. I'm so glad you had some time with the wonderful Cygan children.
Post a Comment