Another 'Memory'
I have certain rules that I try to follow in life. I'm not always successful but at least - for the most part - I try to make a conscious effort to follow them. The other day I was trying to remember how I happened to come up with these rules. One is:
When you're "down" - don't pull anyone else down with you. (speaking to myself) I don't know how that started but I remember one of the first times I "enacted" it.
I was sick - high fever, miserable, and too weak to be up long. My husband was sympathic but I was lying there thinking that it was probably going to be a bummer coming home from work and seeing me sacked out there on that sofa and nothing to eat. So I began to plan a strategy of getting dinner...one-step-at-a-time. One time I went to the patio door and opened it wide (it was winter) so that I could get blasted by the icy wind and hopfully cool the fever down to below the self-cook stage. After planning what I would fix...I'd get up and do 1 thing (or 1/2) and then lie back down...and did that until by the time Leon came home I had the whole thing accomplished. Took a loooong time.
No need to think that was selfless of me. That was probably pure selfish. I wanted his sympathy. If that meant a good meal to keep his spirits up - so be it! Boy! Was he surprised!
No comments:
Post a Comment