Strength and Weakness
Weather is getting beautiful - snow melting and sky is blue.
Reading on more blogs I see how so many people are struggling with faith. I think we all do at times. I feel for the ones that seem to really be confused and searching.
Been there.
One thing I learned: When a person gets tired and worn out that's when things like wavering faith can happen. I think a person should just expect it - not let it get the best of them. After I first came to know and accept God in my life I found that out. I remember working on something and all the sudden a really bad thought (which I can't remember now) came into my mind and I thought "Where did THAT come from?" Then I'd remember that I was tired - so I dropped what I was doing headed for the sofa. Kind of like a soldier realizing he was out of ammo so he radios in for more and bunkers down to wait. :-) The phrase "Know your enemy" is good to remember. Satan - the subtle terrorist. He knows when we're an easier mark.
Aaron and family are coming tomorrow. I varnished today and accidentally left out the open jar with paint thinner - in the sink. Couldn't figure out why the house smelled so bad since the chest of drawers I varnished is in a room with the door closed and window open. ...and it never happened before! (I think I got a phone call or something.) When I saw that thinner there I could have kicked myself. House still stinks! whew! Hope it doesn't smell like that tomorrow! I'd sooner smell varnish than thinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment