Such Is Life
Today was pretty boring except I have a good book to read. Doing laundry etc. just isn't that exciting.
I went to WalMart just to get Emergen-C so that we're armed to fight off stuff that may be going around and I noticed sales - so - not intending to buy anything I looked.............since I was there.
75% off sale price stuff gets my curiousity up. Well, I saw a shirt for $1. - couldn't pass that up. Walked a little further and saw another one for $3.... O.K. I'll bite. Walked a little further and saw jeans for $3. and put those in the cart. So much for not intending to buy anything but the Emergen-C. I thought I'd better check out quick before I saw something else and royally spoiled my good intentions.
That wasn't the dumbest thing I did. I didn't try them on because they were such a good buy I was afraid they wouldn't fit or just plain look terrible on me and then I'd miss out on the sale!
......I just now tried them on and they fit! Great! I'm not so dumb after all. (It's like 2 outfits for $7. 00! - My conscience is appeased)
As far as looking terrible on me.....Hmmm... How should I put this? As time has gone by I've noticed that I tend to get things that cover me up more. ...short sleeves replaced by long sleeves, etc. etc. Now the next thing is a Burka - and since they aren't in style here...I'm going to have to just deal with it....Not expect too much.....And stay away from mirrors!
Life is interesting.
2 comments:
We went to the mall yesterday. The girls and I and Karen (Charity's friend) and her mom Jeanne. We had a good time together. Charity found two pair of dress pants at Old Navy for $1.97 a piece. And they fit both her and Mary (not together, but separately)... a gray pair and brown pair. So it must be sale time. Guess I should be out there spending too. HA. Actually my winter coat of about 8 or 9 years just saw the last of it's healthy zipper. It broke last week but, I was still able to work with the zipper to make it work. Then last night, it broke for good. I kind of felt bad, because I had started to think that boy, I'd like a more stylish coat. The broken zippered coat is this big puffy navy blue down filled coat. The warmest coat I have ever had and has served me well. I kinda feel bad I was coveting something else, when what I had was more than adequate and never did anything to offend me except to be puffy. And now the zipper broke. So I feel bad that I had those thoughts and now I need a new coat. Doggone it. I guess I could safety pin it. :) Be a Red Green woman. Anyway...isn't it funny how things happen?
Think I'll go visit our local secon hand stores. They have some really nice stuff for pretty cheap and usually a more interesting selection than Walmart.
We are so excited that you are coming for the play this weekend.
Can't wait!
Love you,
Lee
I had to laugh at you saying that your coat "never did anything to offend you except be puffy" Ha! When you start personifying you coat it's time to get another one. :-)
Post a Comment