WHEW!
I've been reading other blogs by way of comments on the regular blogs I read - and then from comments on those, etc. etc. I hit on one today that left me feeling pretty dismal. Kind of odd how people who don't like talking "theology" go round and round about kinds of faith/trust in Christ! I can't even remember who had that blog I'm thinking about but -wow! It was a regular "cat fight"!! Is that a term for women?...using "cat"?? Well, I think most of these were men. Somewhere in the middle of a huge amount of comments (including cussing) they did feel the need to put in the blog's guidelines which were very good.
Was about as effective as hollering "Lunchtime!" at a food fight! This was at a site that say they loved Jesus and promoted the love theology. Another post on that site complained about things on cars that talked about Jesus....like "I may change jobs but my boss remains the same......Jesus." Odd - how that can be offensive.
2 comments:
Oh yes, I have been to these sorts of blogs. I so feel ya. I try not to come off that way or to promote that sort of thing. i think discourse is very good as long as your heart is to find Christ in this wacky hulabaloo of human existance. Admittedly, sometimes I get negative, but I hope you didn't get that impression of me.
Naw.. I know I can get negative too. Blogs are for expressing ourselves, right? Probably that blog was a warning to me and my own outlook. It's good to be passionate about things (and I know I am) but to be able to rein it in when necessary. :-)
Post a Comment