Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Expressing Impressions

Today was busy but I felt like I was just "spinning my wheels". Trying to get help from the phone to tax people has not been easy. I'll try again tomorrow. It's tax time and I need to fill out a couple of W2's (first time) and a 941 for the church and want to make sure they are correct. Leon's are so much easier than the ones I need to do - but it is just that these are different than the average. I'll be glad when it is over. Hopefully I will have learned something. Then I'll write it down for next year.

Later... Well, I got the answers I needed and wrote it down. Lots left to do but there are no questions to concern me - just the work. Then there will be our taxes but I look forward to that.
I'm on an "up" now. :-) Tough stuff is good, I think. Makes what we normally think of as ordinary look pretty good!

A few years ago I read about someone that fell overboard off a ship and was treading water and then somehow used his pants as a floating device. He had to fight off sleep deprivation, sea creatures and fear before he was found by a fishing boat and taken to safety somewhere in Southeast Asia. Made a big impression on me. So -
now I have something that I tell myself when things seem rough... it's " I could be treading water in the middle of the ocean!!!" Calms me down some.

No comments: