Contemplations
I've been thinking. In a gathering recently- one woman mentioned (not as a derogatory remark) that men have a tendency to not hear you when you speak to them. I knew she was speaking about her husband because she nodded in his direction. I blurted out "You experience that, too!" Now why is that? Sometimes (often) when I'm telling my "one and only" something - I look at him and realize he's not hearing me...I'm speaking loud enough - but his brain is somewhere else. Food can be the culprit. So what do I need to do? - put a salad on my head? - better yet- some form of chocolate? It's getting really interesting. I've imagined some sort of senario happening such as - trying to tell him something extremely important and he says "Do we have any cookies left?" and I reply "Yes, and by the way, the house is on fire!!!My brother and I were talking yesterday ( unrelated subject) and he mentioned that there is something to be said for long engagements. It gives you time to find out any annoying flaw in the other person...you can then decide how important it is to you...Can you live with that? Goes both ways, of course. In my case he was more than I had decided I would expect in my future mate. Better than I had hoped for. To me - most everything about him was a plus. That in no small measure included his thinking I was great! I remember advising my kids to look for someone like that. Then if they lose some of the plus over time - you still have a good deal left.
Don't think that I don't know that there's plenty about me that's worthy of complaint! It's not that I'm complaining here - just sort of scratching my head in contemplation. All in all I think my choice was excellent back when I said "I Do."
YOU HEARING ME, HON? And yes, the cookie jar is full! Just kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment