I'm another year older. Boy, how time does fly when you're having fun! I catch myself looking around this house where my grown kids were little and seeing one or another of them saying or doing something - like in a not so instant "replay". Leaves me with an ache. Still I wouldn't hold them back since everything I did was to get them ready for adult life and so they could get married and have their own families and be happy just like we were. (We're still are happy - even though I miss the members that have moved out from our home.)
The one thing that grinds on me is "what kind of relationship do they have with their God"? Is He in the center or outside the circle of their lives. Do they appreciate the sacrifice Jesus gave for them? Do or will their children know who He is? If we messed up in that area, nothing else we did is worth anything.
2 comments:
I hope you had a happy birthday, Mom.
You know, I couldn't have written my own story to include a better mother in law. I have always looked at you as calm, concerned, forgiving, and incredibly patient. Thanks for passing that on to Lee, and for letting our kids watch you.
I don't think you and dad have anything to be ashamed of for how you brought up the kids. None of them have told God to get out of their lives. I didn't seek out my own walk with God until I was about 23. Before that I was just doing what I thought I was supposed to do. And it took about 12 more years before I actually took his hand and let him lead.
You played an important part in their lives, now they're in God's hands. He'll lead them when he's ready.
I love you, Mom.
--Jon
Mom,
I’ve been in my own little world lately I guess. Hope you had a Happy Birthday.
Who’s this God guy you’re talking about? I don’t remember you talking about Him when I was a kid??? News to me I guess…
The boys are in the other room watching some Sugar Creek Gang video and they do watch a lot of Veggie Tales. Larry the Cucumber is a great purveyor of Theological Truth.
I can’t speak for the other siblings, but as for me and my house, it is our intent to serve the Lord. I do have to admit it’s not easy to do when it’s so easy to serve yourself. I’m very thankful to God for all he’s given me and it is MY intent to become closer to him. I’ve got a long ways to go in building a relationship I am happy with though.
I love you
Aaron
Post a Comment