Monday, November 19, 2012

 Ramblings

I just watched a program on the dust storm period of the  Oklahoma area. Those people went through such a hard time!   We haven't experienced that but  it reminded me of the summer that we went through this year.  As we entered the third month without any rain I  thought it was looking like Wisconsin was turning into Arizona!  I don't ever remember  experiencing a drought like that. 

The longer one lives the more one sees.  Like weather -  I remember  the flooding of '93;  the WI summer that started in March (maybe 10 years ago);  the winter (5 years ago?)  that dumped so much snow on us that when our driveway was shoveled it looked much like a tunnel.   The "Water street creek" that flowed in front of our curbing all summer  long from a spring coming out of the ground 3 houses north of us.  That must have been after that winter with all the snow.  Then the drought last summer!

I marvel at all the water that is under the ground and we don't see it.  AZ is amazing.  It's so dry and sandy but everyone's faucet has water and no one said anything about rationing it. We don't have to live by lakes or rivers - and we can still get water!   And.... Abraham knew about that phenomena!  We live in an amazing world!

I know that even if our country takes a dangerous turn - allowed by God - there is nothing for His children to worry about.  There IS something to worry about for those who leave Him out of their lives. But - those who are "called by His name" and belong to Him - even if we are threatened by death - there is no need to fear.  God is good.  Maybe I worry less because there is less time left.  That's an advantage of knowing there is limited earthly time left and something better "on the other side."  The best is yet to come!






No comments: