The Third Week In AZ.
Today we went to see the Roosevelt Dam. We stopped at a museum not far out of Apache Junction and then a place called "Ghost Town" which was kind of fun. A short distance from there the road turned into a glorified dirt path - climbing and meandering around the mountains for the longest 22 miles we've ever traveled! It was memorable......an hour and a half - 15 mph -following a bumpy road too often on the edge of an abyss. Exhausting, but it made us appreciate common, ordinary stuff like asphalt roads with wide shoulders on the way back to Mesa.
Yesterday I made cabbage soup - trying to copy the recipe at Cracker Barrel. When I told Leon what I was making he told me he would find something else to eat. He couldn't believe that it could possibly be good - which was my reaction when the waitress told us that was their soup of the day. But when she said she loved it I was curious and after trying it...convinced. Leon agreed to try "just one small bowl". He went back for more....so I guess he was surprised...and convinced, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment