Monday, August 15, 2011

Curious Opinions
I just watched a youtube video while I was looking up Star Parker. (I'm a fan of hers. Smart lady!) She was on the View with Michael Moore where he said he was a born again Christian and that maybe we shouldn't use the term "socialized medicine" but perhaps should call it "Christianized medicine" because that is doing what Jesus said we should do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7UTm0UpX5g

Some people don't get the irony of that but I can't help but think that most Christians will...at least I hope so.
Michael Moore said he was a Christian because "he's a Catholic and he goes to church every Sunday."

Too bad but a lot of people think like that. We can fill in ANY other denomination and the statement would still miss the mark. Going to church is evidence - not proof.

Back to the irony part......
The same group that says we should not allow Christianity anywhere near the government now say that we should legislate putting taxes from everyone toward social venues because "Jesus said so".

Jesus didn't say that! Jesus was talking to individual Christians not to a government that includes nonChristians. I think Star Parker answered him very well.

No comments: