Reading Old Letters
I've been reading old letters that I wrote to my sister who had saved them. I have them now and they're interesting to read and to remember.In one I'm talking about Andrew (age 3):
I wrote:
"Andy chatters so. He just brought his jeans jacket in here for me to help him put it on & he told me it was '95¢ - Daddy buyed it for me.' Not true, of course. It used to be Christian's."
Other letters tell about Lee, Adam & Heather's dating interests at the time, etc. I should separate those letters... they might find them interesting to read some day. (I don't think they include anything to bother their mates.)
I talked about reading Aaron and Andrew the Sugar Creek Gang books...and how glad I was that Aaron seemed to like reading... That was second, though, to playing outside with friends, swimming, etc. Hmmm....At least it was in his list of interests. :-)
One letter was telling about how discouraged Adam was when he went fishing with Uncle Cliff because Cliff was catching fish and he wasn't. He said the fish would bite on Cliff's line and not his - no matter where he put it.... and that Cliff could put several lines in a row and get bites on ALL of them but he just knew if he stuck his in among them the fish would ignore it! Adam (who at the time of my letter was fishing with a friend) was determined to get the knack of it so that (as he said) next time he goes up there he can show Uncle Cliff that he can fish (successfully), too!
Adam never was easily deterred from accomplishing something once he set his mind to it.
When Adam was growing up I remember thinking - This young man will never be without a job! He has too much determination to let that happen.
Another letter tells about a phone conversation I had with (college age) Lee who had been canoeing and had some kind of accident. She said "My legs may not be perfect but they sure are colorful" (bruised.....ouch!) Glad she was o.k. enough to have a sense of humor about painful results of an outing.
All for now..... unless maybe I get on the subject of politics?.... No? Oooo.K.
No comments:
Post a Comment