Tuesday, November 09, 2010

What's Happening Today
Leon is in Lancaster on jury duty again. Since he hasn't come home it must mean he was chosen again so he will have 3 out of the 5 days he is required to do completed.

We've been watching Monk on Netflix. We like those movies and I'm sure we laugh because we can sometimes see ourselves in the guy's idiosyncrasies. Everybody has something even if not that..... profound.

I still like - no - love Leon's retirement.. I've never realized how painfully organized he is. It's really funny and yet I hope some of it rubs off on me. I don't mean to say he's - - say - - tidy. He just has a system he follows to help him remember where things are and he's always been frugal....which is good.

ie. We both have a glass of water on our night stands at night and if we don't drink it he uses it to water plants instead of throwing it in the sink. Good idea because not only is it not wasted but we remember to water the plants!

I can't get over how patient he is and encouraging he is in my making socks! When we were in Madison he suggested we find a yarn shop to get more yarn but I told him I thought I had enough for a while. He's done that a couple of times and has never complained when I said I wanted to get more.... And this is a frugal man! Priceless!

Beth has been through some - let's say - dark tunnels... Even more so recently. I was just thinking about her and wondering if her experiences would finally make her realize she needed to turn her life over to God. Life w/o Him is so wasted. Then today she texted me and asked if she could come to church with us Sunday! The Lord works in mysterious ways! She may not realize it but He is watching over her. Even when we feel like we have hit bottom - He is there for us! We just need to look up. Imagine!

No comments: