Friday, November 19, 2010

Leon is shopping for some more food since Aaron called this evening and told us that they are on their way here from Denver and will be here tomorrow morning around 11:00.

I was just finishing up a pair of socks a little bit ago and did a really stupid thing. I went to cut the yarn and neglected to move my finger out of the way. So - I cut IT too! How can anyone be so dumb? I walked around holding my finger tight trying to deal with the pain and realizing that I knew that maybe I could see blood without passing out but not MY blood! I got a tissue to hold on it (while not looking at it.) Then I got a band-aide - put a little antiseptic stuff on it and put that on my finger - without LOOKING at it. I was thinking that as long as I don't see RED I might be alright. :-)
It sure is creepy remembering using the scissors and closing it all the way! Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to look at the damage. Haha!

Next morning-
They're here. Aaron said 7:00 a.m. - not 11:00 :-)
I looked at my finger after asking someone else to look first.....their only comment was that it wasn't bleeding...so I looked. I could ALMOST see a tiny bit of broken skin. :-P Am I an idiot?
Certifiable.

No comments: