I'm Remembering...
When Heather worked at the radio station in Dubuque - she told me one day to be sure to listen to her because she was going to do something that she wanted me to hear. She introduced a song and said that she was "dedicating it to her mom". It was "Have I Ever Told You You're My Hero?" I just looked up the lyrics... Thank you, dear Heather, for the nice memory.
At the time - after she introduced it and it started to play - I wanted to listen but someone called me to tell me she just heard Heather do that and asked if I had heard and then proceeded to talk all through the song! However, it's still a nice memory - in spite of the well meaning friend - robbing me of ability to listen to it at the time. :-)
I have a lot of nice memories. When we are raising kids we don't expect it to end. But, it does. And then reality turns to memories. That's life, though. Before long it will be that way for my kids. Their children will leave home and eventually they, the parents, will fade, more or less, from the picture. Not completely, but more than they expect. But, there will be nice memories.
I stayed in the picture with my folks but a couple of my brothers made only rare appearances until it was evident that the folks were not going to live long. But they had their own families - and in-laws close by. (?) Nobody ever said life was always fair for everyone.... but it does go on, so - thank you Lord for memories. I can still - walk, talk, think, function as a human being, our kids are all raised - and I still have my Leon. I'm blessed. I've had a good life. Pain is part of the package but that's not all there is. I'm looking forward to what is next, here or in heaven. We have an awesome God.
1 comment:
Yes, we do have an awesome God.
Post a Comment