Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Looking Ahead

We are SO looking forward to Leon's retirement! He is literally counting the days. We're looking at the good side and ignoring the problems we may have. We figure we made it this far - so we can handle whatever comes our way.... as long as we can keep our sense of humor. ;-)

I already told him that the kitchen area is mine. He laughed at that because I already found out that he would want to rearrange where things go - a problem to me since I have other ideas about that. He told me that the garage is his. We'll see how well we do.

Our dream is to finally travel some. After signing up for all the insurance stuff that will be coming out of the retirement - we know it will be a challenge. Ho! Nothing new there!
Que sera sera. We're ready.... like a couple of little kids looking forward to going to a birthday party!


The only problem with traveling by car is I get a little nervous since Leon likes to look at the scenery while he is driving and tends to head toward the center line or the ditch - so while he looks I have to watch the road. humm! Also, he gets nervous when driving around big cities. He prefers to drive but maybe we should take turns. Of course, then he'd be nervous passenger so he'd need to wear a blinder. ;-) Not that I'm a bad driver he's just a "rather do it myself" person. Marriage is fun!

Enough rambling.

p.s. Leon just called and said that he just found out that his Aunt Emma died. She was Grandma Pick's room mate at the nursing home as well as her sister. Emma was a sweet lady. We'll miss seeing her when we visit. This will be hard on Grandma. She is 94, and was the oldest of nine children and I think this is the 3rd sister that she has lost including the youngest of the family. She has 2 sisters left and 3 brothers.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Bethany and I met Aunt Emma when we saw Grandma in the nursing home this past visit. I'm really sorry to hear that.