That's funny . I hadn't thought about it - ever - but I knew what he was trying to say. I know him. It's odd how many times we can be quiet for while and then when one of us starts talking - it's a subject that the other one was thinking about.
Marriage is not easy. It can be wonderful - and sometimes dreadful. There is no getting around it. A minister who married a relative several years ago said in his wedding message - "Marriage is so much better - and so much worse than you think it is - as you stand here today." I was so struck by the truth of that. What makes a marriage work is the couple's common ground of determination to make it work! You're not happy? So what! No one wants to be unhappy so if that's the case you're going to work at improving it! My guess is that things that come too easy aren't near as appreciated.
Boy! I could go off from there (ie." things that come easy - without expectation of having to work at it") to the subject of "entitlements" (God help us!) but I think I'll avoid politics today.
(I'm working on my 16th pair of socks.
No comments:
Post a Comment