Ah hah!
I just found out that knitting socks has literally saved my life!
This morning I read on foxnews.com that we really can be bored to death! ... The article goes on to explain more about it but that was the grabber title.
But I'm safe - at least from that.
I have been having so much fun with yarn this winter! With my mission to use up a lot of what I have "in stock"... so far I have made:8 hats (crochet)
3 scarfs - 1 crochet, 1 knit, 1 woven on a loom (I admit I bought yarn for 2 of them) :-]
9 pair of socks (knit)
10 pair of fingerless gloves! (knit)
(I love wearing those socks! I'm the tester so 4 pair are for me)
I haven't even used sock yarn but so far it seems O.K. - they'll just never see the inside of a dryer!
Sometimes I'm knitting and really in awe that doing those socks could be so enjoyable! Well -
I'm not going to throw a monkey wrench into the machinery by trying to figure out why - I'm just going with it! So - this isn't an activity - it's medicine! And - we don't even need insurance to pay for it!!
4 comments:
Sounds like good fun. I love the hat and fingerless gloves. Wear them all the time. Well the gloves outside and the hat more literally alot.. Sometimes I wear the hat around the house to flatten my hair when I wake up with bedhead. It works wonders! And if I don't want wavy hair and want just straight flat hair...I don't need to spend any time using a hair straightener; the hat does it for me. Ha! Happy crocheting!
Sounds great! I'm still amazed when I remember your trying on that hat. I had formerly thought the hat was a disappointment on my part in how it turned out UNTIL I saw YOU in it!
Of course it was the model wearing it that made the hat look so good. I wish I had taken your picture in it.
It made me proud :-) No wonder they have only beautiful models
Ha...I was laying in bed last night and realized I said "happy crocheting", when I realize I really need to say "happy knitting", duh!:)
I'm wearing my hat now, as I type :).
hahaha I love you Leesifer! I wish a hat made MY hair go the way I wanted it to go! However there's very little hope for me..... ho hum :-)
Post a Comment