Saturday, January 23, 2010

JANUARY

A couple of days ago - again - I heard that the same waves that cell phones have - have proven to turn around the effects of alzheimers in mice. (They also talk about suspecting they cause brain tumors but there's no proof).

I love having a cell phone but strange as it seems I almost never talk on it. Now I'm thinking what a revolting development that is! But I do play games on it - and take pictures. I guess if I live long enough and I get the dreaded alzheimers I can blame my kids for not calling me more. I need an excuse to hold that phone up to my ear and ward off that brain stealing disease. :-)


It has been so nice to have Lucas around lately. He goes out with friends - so he's not here all the time but I just like being able to talk to him in person and having him close enough to give him a hug. At the moment he's in Columbus, OH and will be back tomorrow.


Otherwise - Leon and I like being "just the two of us" now. It's kind of novel. It took awhile but we've settled into it, nicely. We still value visits from our kids.


If I had my druthers I would like having the one who lives in town to stop by maybe monthly - (or even every 2 or 3 months!) and even if just to say I have a busy day so I can't stay but I just wanted to stop and say 'hi' and give you a hug"... Then he could leave me a happy mom.

Otherwise I'm good. I'm really low maintenance...

No comments: