Friday, December 18, 2009

Copenhagen

I almost laughed when I saw this. Then I remembered -
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!


Example of short memories, I guess. It could just be me - but I don't think there is anything romantic about standing in long bread lines. ... something, for example, the Russian revolution bestowed on their people. So what if they intended something else to happen! It's a good lesson.

When I was in high school we used to feel sorry for the families in Russia and similar countries (like East Germany) because of this. We knew how all the mothers had to put their children in state run day care for someone else to raise so they could go to work (along with the husband/father) so the family could afford a small cramped apartment. Those of us in the U.S. who were from average income families - knew we were rich compared to them. I guess these people don't remember.

No comments: