Friday, April 03, 2009

A New Game For Me

I have been learning that there are short cuts in morse code similar to the short cuts in text messaging.  There's a place on the internet where you can practice copying code while listening to code messages put on just for practice and I've wondered what some stuff meant so I looked it up.  I like games and my computer doesn't have any so...

GM              good morning    _ _ .    _ _ _
GA               good afternoon  _ _ .    ._
WX             weather    . _ _    _.._
SRI              sorry     ...  ._.  ..
VY               very      ..._   _._ _
C                  yes      _ .  _ .
N                 no       _ .
TU               thank you     _   .._
HW?            how do you copy?  ....  ._ _
RX               receiver (not drugs   :-)           . _ .   _.._

Some might think this is silly but I think it's fun!   It actually beats playing  games!  For those who might think what's the point?...I'd say using one's brain is hardly a waste.  That - by itself - makes it worth while.   It beats staring at the walls.

No comments: