Cracker Making Day
Yesterday I realized we had two cartons of cheese spread and no crackers. So...I decided that today I'd make crackers. The first batch may not look too good but they are. I got better at flattening them out by the time I got to the Carrot Oat crackers. It was kind of fun! Anyway, now we have something for the (Philadelphia) cheese spreads.

Onion Crackers

Carrot Oat Crackers
This batch recipe made 6 dozen. The Onion ones made about 50 since I did just 1/2 batch.
I also made a chocolate cake. I had to. We were out of desserts and Leon is allergic to no desserts. It manifests itself - this allergy - in the form of woeful grumbling. This is a guy who is supposed to bring his cholesterol down due to glaucoma. He has an interesting way of accomplishing that goal. At noon, for instance, he usually has 5 potato chips with a sandwich. Today he told me he couldn't find the low fat chips so he cut it down to just 4.
It's hard to believe that when we were first married we rarely had desserts. I remember my sister occasionally used to say "kisses for dessert". We must have had the same kind. Excellent flavor and no calories!
No comments:
Post a Comment