Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gert Behanna
I wrote about Gert Behanna (the wealthy socialite)  in my last post but since then I have read one of her 'talks' and realize that her near death (or death) experience was not when she found Christ. I think it nudged her in the direction of realizing there was more to life than she suspected at the time but it was later that she made her commitment.   I heard her speak of it on a record when I was a teen. It made  a profound impact on her but it didn't really change her then - as I thought I remembered.  She gave many talks about it but (as even I did when I wrote about my own experience) - she left some things out  in some talks that she had more in detail other times.  Here is where she speaks of it  - and her hospital experience is barely mentioned so this is not the one I heard.    I believe she had more than one album.  Here is the text of God Is Not Dead.  I still haven't seen the movie about her (starring  Ann Bancroft) called  "The Late Liz".  I did find another movie source like Netflix that has it, though.

http://www.aabibliography.com/gert_behanna_alcoholics.html#text

No comments: